Only 21 days till the first day of spring! Make your roof even better with preventive maintenance! Or give that neglected roof some TLC!
No matter your existing roof type, Acrymax has a coating system that will fit your needs. Selection of the base layer/primer to any coating system is crucial.
- An existing asphalt roof should be initially sealed with AF-127 to lock up its chalky nature.
- A metal substrate may be primed with our PC-125 or PC-535 for corrosion protection
- Masonry surfaces generally are primed with AF-100 or AF-110 due to their porosity.
- Single-ply roof like EDPM will be cleaned with PR-101 to promote adhesion, while TPO roofs have a specially designed elastomeric basecoat, AF-130TPO, for the same purpose.
After determining your substrate, the next step is to select the correct roofing system for your roofs condition. Acrymax offers three main systems from which to choose:
- ARS-3 Protective Coating Systems
The ARS-3 is protective coating system that will stabilize your current roofs condition. It can provide reflectivity and architectural color, but is designed for roofs that are good to excellent condition (i.e. no leaks).
- ARS-2 Partially Reinforced Roof Systems
The ARS-2 partially reinforced protective coating system stops roof leaks by targeting critical areas (seams, flashing details, transitions) on the roof with fabric reinforcement. The hybrid nature of this system allows for ARS-2 systems to be engineered for the needs of specific project. Typically used for roofs in fair to good condition.
- ARS-1 Fully Reinforced Roof Membrane Systems
ARS-1 is Acrymax’s most comprehensive approach to a roof coating system, providing complete reinforcement to the entire roof surface. This system wills “put-to-bed” issues for years to come. Generally used as a recovery system for roofs in poor to fair condition, but this system also has applications in new construction as well.
Check out the Roofing Systems to find more information on the systems to use for your particular type of roof.
Check out our next blog article on Preparation of your roof.